Monday, July 5, 2010

Idaho Weekend







Bert, Aurora, Brick and I all went to Idaho to visit Bert's dad and step-mom over the weekend. It was so nice to be completely disconnected from all forms of electronics. I think Bert was going through some TMOnews and Boy Genius Report withdrawals, but he hung in there and I think sneaked a peek outside on his laptop with his WiFi while I was showering.





Their house is literally in the middle of nowhere. They live in a small town called Holbrook. The closest {bigger} town is Malad, ID which is about 20 miles away. They had the most beautiful sunsets. It was lovely just sitting out on the hammock listening to absolutely nothing but the breeze. They run on well water, grow their own veggies and fruits and are hoping to invest in some solar or wind power so they are completely off the grid. {nice to visit like this, but I could NOT live that way every day!}



Brick loved to run and play with over an acre of land of their own he was in pure heaven. Their cat wasn't a big fan of Brick though...and yes, that's her on top of the post...she was born without a tail and just as sweet as can be! Aurora was a bit of a nightmare, not wanting to nap or sleep. But during the day she loved playing with Grandpa and getting to know him better.


Bert took me up to where he goes hunting in Malad and they have some free range cows there. One in particular was very curious about us and came VERY close to us....i'm not good with feet or yards, but it was close! I had to hurry and get Brick in the car so he didn't chase after her and Bert, holding Aurora, got a stick and shoo'd her away. I have some video of it too...I think I was the only one nervous!!

A very much needed trip and so nice to visit with Michael and Dennise.

No comments:

Post a Comment