Isaac Brock Payton joined our family on June 20, 2008. He is the first grandchild on Bert's side of the family and Bert and I couldn't be happier to have a new nephew to love and snuggle! We went up for a visit to Utah to see him last weekend and I think I was the only one holding him the entire trip. Bert even called me a "baby hog" at some point during the trip. I was the first to shout "I'll do it" as I heard 'mom and dad' (Brock and Brittany) say he needed his diaper changed and when I wasn't busy with that or holding him I was snapping shots of him left and right. He is a beautiful addition to our family and he is so loved! What a great blessing to have this sweet spirit in our lives.
We visited at a perfectly hard time for me, if that makes any sense at all. Sunday was my nephew, Zach's birthday so we went up to his grave to sing him happy birthday, though once there, the tears wouldn't stop flowing long enough for me to even say the words "Happy Birthday", let alone sing the song. So Bert left me alone with him for a while to cry and remember memories of his short, but very enlightening life. To have him in my life for any amount of time was such a blessing. He taught me so much about life, and for that I am truly grateful. I pray that our lives will be blessed with an angel like Zach, one day as well.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Bittersweet Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment