Monday, June 22, 2009

Aurora's Blessing Day



We did it! We finally blessed Aurora on June 14th. It turned out just perfect, as I knew it would. Bert and I finally agreed (sorta) on how to do her blessing, he got his way on where (The Church) and I got my way on keeping it SMALL! So for those that didn't get an invite, please don't feel left out, we kept it to immediate family and my two closest girlfriends is all, which was perfect!

Daddy did a great job, though I have to share one funny thing. I was holding her, waiting for his turn to be up and when they called him up to do it, he just took off toward the front of the church - without the baby! I tried whispering "bert!" but he didn't hear so I had to yell "BERT!" to him to come back and get the baby...it was so cute! He was so nervous and excited he just wanted to get it done and over with! haha... but he did great and said all the things I hoped he would say!!!

She looked adorable in her crochet dress made by my mom's best friend Eileen and so cute in her "After Party" skirt!! She was one tired baby by the end of the day, but she was wide awake (and not crying) during the blessing so that's all that counts!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh super cute! I just LOVE her party dress;) It was a great day, I'm glad we got to share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and loving family you all are.
    I was so very proud of Bert that day and that beautiful things in the blessing. Lil bit was just the bell of the ball of course with a close second to include Abby and Hope :) I am a very proud grammie !!!
    Just a little reminder a pic of the dress before she out grows it please and if you have a pic of me that would be most helpful
    Love you and yes I finally got on and blogged again Whoot Whooo !!!
    Love you my sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so wanting to know where you got that party dress! I just love it! We need to get together one of these days! Maybe all the girls can get together and do lunch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it turned out well! I love the post blessing party dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your baby!!! She is such a doll! That is so funny about Bert forgetting the baby to do the blessing! I'm glad we are back in touch! That's neat to hear about Bert joining the police academy. Chad's still at it with dental school and we're both just trying to survive it :). We are doing good in Vegas though. Call us if you guys come down this way. I'd love to meet your new addition! -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I accidentally removed my last comment. I posted this on my blog but realized I should post it on yours so you can read it!
    To be honest, I don't know if the Oquirrh temple is the same as the Draper temple so I deleted the "Draper, UT" part off my blog, too funny! So we can be confused together! It would be great to get together with you. I will get a hold of you next time we come to Utah. Where in UT did you move?

    ReplyDelete