HELMET SCHMELMET!
2 months have passed with that on her head and I am proud to announce she has been downgraded (or upgraded??) to only wearing it for scheduled naps and bedtime for 4 more weeks!
It's definitely not as bad as I had originally thought it would be. Minus all the stares and whispers I could hear from the tactless fools out there - most people responded to it quite well, thinking she was just adorable with her flower. A lot of people were even brave (and nice) enough to just ASK why she was wearing it! I much preferred that! I sometimes would even forget that she was wearing it until someone would stare at her like she was a 1-eyed, 1-horned flying purple people eater! ...now that I'm thinking about it - that would have made a way cute Halloween costume! *sigh*
...here's to 4 more weeks!
Yay!!! For the almost end to the helmet! I think that most people were looking at her thinking she was the cutest baby in a helmet, we as moms think they are staring and being mean. I think it is the mother bear in us! :)
ReplyDelete