Aurora -
Mommy loves you. You make me smile when you are silly. The way you walk like a T-Rex and you have learned to growl like one makes my heart happy. You are smart and oh-so-beautiful.
...
But you are being so terrible lately. You cried hard for an hour the other day when you first saw me, it made me cry. You only want me when Daddy isn't around and when there are strangers (anyone except Daddy) in the room.
The rational side of me knows this is part of teething - some call it a 'phase' - some call it 'separation anxiety' - some call it paybacks - whatever it is, it's killing me. When I have to let you cry in your bed because you want nothing to do with me at bedtime, or when you throw your twice-daily fit over food because I'M the one to feed you - I cry. My patience wears thin with you because my heart is crushed.
...
I miss your snuggles and your 'loves'. I miss when you would smile at me and run toward me when I walk in a room. And as I sit here and type this -- I cry. Am I a bad mom? What should I be doing differently? I want our days to be filled with love and F-U-N!
...
Mommy loves you 'A' - always always!
You're definitely not a bad Mom... from what I've read this is pretty common. Sometimes kids go through phases where they only want one person. From what I've heard it is common for girls to go through a Dad only phase and boys to go through a Mom only phase. It will pass though!
ReplyDeleteYou're a great Mom!