Some of you could look at this picture and say to yourself, "That really is a face only a 'mother' could love", others might say "He is so sweet!", and then there are some that might say "He's quite an ugly looking creature". But he's my pup, my baby, and that crazy look in his eye,along with that very long, slobbery tongue are the very reasons I love this dog.
Never have I connected with a dog like I have with Brick Tamland Payton. (Yes, that is from Steve Carell's character in the movie Anchorman) I have loved other dogs I have had, but none like Brick. From the moment I saw him in his little kennel at the airport fresh from Oklahoma, I blurted out "I'm In Love!" He was so happy to see anyone, although I took it very personally that he was happy to meet his new 'mom', I got him out of his kennel and he has never stopped kissing me, and with that new "puppy breath" I never wanted him to. Even during potty training when all I did was scrub the carpet and rush him outside, he has been my best friend here in Las Vegas and keeps me going every day. He makes me laugh everyday and loves me because I love him. He has been my saving grace, without a doubt!
He has never met a stranger, always glad to see anyone new. So if you are ever visiting The Payton home, beware of The Pooch Smooch.
No comments:
Post a Comment