So, as I was sitting in this beautiful 80 degree weekend with my sister and her family enjoying the company and scenery I decided that Easter needs to be a time for change in my life. I need to change my thoughts and views on life, and those in my life.
I love my family dearly and miss them terribly when they aren't around and wondered if they felt the same about me. Or do they talk amongst themselves saying things like, "Oh that Erin..." It was pointed out to me this weekend that I have 3 older sisters who mother me. Do I really need mothering from them because I can't make decisions for myself as an almost 25 year old adult or is it just sisterly love? Will I always be looked at as a child? Or will I be respected as an adult?
I decided I need to live my life and love those around me for doing the same. I need to put the past where it is and look toward my very bright and exciting future. I need to accept and love my family for who they are and what they do, even if I do not always love the decisions they make, as I am sure they feel the same about me and my decisions. Afterall, isn't that what family is for, unconditional love and acceptance? But why does love seem to be so conditional? Is it taught, or learned from life expirences?
What I have learned is that my family is what it is. Deep down we love one another so unconditionally, but don't always show that on the surface. At this time of change in all of our lives, as we get new jobs, new homes, new hobbies, I think a new way of thinking about eachother and treating eachother should be on our top priorities. So is Easter a time for change? I can sure hope so.
So I believe my "mothering" is just sisterly love. I really try not to come across as mothering because honestly I have enough of the neccessary mothering in my own life. Really, I would love NOT to have to mother most days. So, anyway. I love you and support you in all you do!!! I think overall we are a good blend of sisterly love. Thank god we are all so different!!! Makes us all grow and think of things a little differently. BTW, if you have not check out Cories blog on being more green, I think its great!
ReplyDeleteWhat, Amber came for an Easter visit?
ReplyDelete;-) Way down here is balmy Texas we don't know anything! We're just living in our own bliss, ya bliss that's what this is!
Having gone through some of the same things as what you are going through now... moving away, not getting pregnant, photography on the list of hobbies... I hope that my 'commentary' has not been overwhelming. I will try to keep myself 'in check':-)
Love ya, Sis!
-C