Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow!!!


Well, it's happened. What Bert and I have been waiting for. 2 loooonnng years of trying, poking, prodding, pills, exams, and more pills. WE ARE EXPECTING!!

We are sooo very early on (MAYBE 6 weeks), I was hesitant to post anything and tell anyone. But I kept it a secret until my doctor gave me the "OK" on my HCG and Progesterone blood work, everything is looking really great. The 22nd will be my first pregnancy appointment and we are hopeful to see the heartbeat then! Then we can get REALLY excited and really relieved at the same time!

This is a 'wow' pregnancy because the doctors told me in July that it was looking like a 'no-go' for the IUI because my follicles weren't big enough and that I didn't even ovulate! Guess I did!!! So here is the very long story of me finding out I was pregnant...My boobs hurt soooo bad and I felt like a bloated mess so surely my period was to come. I waited until the 4th (our 4th year anniversary) and it still didn't come. Angry that we were back at square one with the whole 'no period mess' I called my nurse and left a message for her to call me back to let her know my frustration. After hanging up I quickly realized she would call me back and want to know if I had taken a pregnancy test, so I ran to the store to get one so I could tell her it was negative. Totally convinced it would be. First one came out positive, but the lines were faint, so I didn't think it 'counted'. Second one a few hours later...same thing. Bert suggessted I get the digital kind that say "pregnant" and "not pregnant" to help clarify the confusion. First one..."pregnant". I tried my hardest to not get excited and jump up and down, but my heart and mind were racing the entire day. The next morning I took the other digital test. (so now we are up to 4...countem 4 HP tests) Sure enough...Pregnant. My nurse called me that afternoon and I told her I took 4 tests, all positive. Her words exactly I'll never forget them. "Ok, Erin...you can stop. That's enough tests."

As for now, no sickness (yet), mild cramping, which I hear is fairly normal as long as there is no bleeding or spotting and I eat non stop! (basically snack on fruit ALL DAY LONG!) I have been staying active in the gym which is helping keep my energy level up and me feeling good about my ever changing body. I have already noticed my BRAND NEW PANTS fitting slightly snugger than a few weeks ago...ugh.

So...for all of you that told me not to stress and that it would happen when I least expect it.....here it comes....YOU WERE RIGHT! Does that make you happy? Ha Ha...
I love all of you that have supported me and my stresses throughout this whole ordeal. I have a feeling it's just really beginning though. The questions piling up in my head grow every day.

We are so very excited. But for now, it's more of nervous and anxious feelings. I am taking it as it comes and really just enjoying the moment. Until next Friday!!!

4 comments:

  1. aww..I love you and am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOLD YOU SO! Love you guys. Congrats again. Can;t wait to be an Aunt all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you have good friends. What is Meghann doing these days I haven't seen her in years??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited! You will be the best mom ever! I saw how pro you were with Isaac and it's even more natural when it's your own! And yes you need to move back here because Isaac wants to be best buds with that little Payton growing inside of you!! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete