Monday, February 23, 2009

Elementary Friends...


A few weeks ago, my friend from elementary school, Janielle, contacted me (thanks to that wonderful thing we call the WORLD WIDE WEB) and said she was living in TX but that she (her and her cute little family) would be in town for a few days and suggested a fun reunion of sorts with all of us from elementary! 

What a wonderful idea! 
And I have to say I'm so happy she found me. I had tried about a year ago to find her on Facebook (no longer a member...so don't try and find me) and actually found her older brother who gave me her email address, I emailed her a couple of times with no response back, thinking to myself, "we must have just grown too far apart and she has no desire to have contact with me", while this bothered me, I tried to understand maybe we just have nothing in common any longer. Come to find out, I have been missing 1 letter in her email address this whole time, DOH! 

I was a little nervous to see her, especially, since we once were so close and have drifted so far apart over the years, but I have to say, once we hugged it was like no time had even passed.  

We got together at her parents house for dinner and a very embarrassing video of us all back in I think 6th grade! It was so fun to watch and we all laughed SO hard! So here's the fun picture of us all grown up as beautiful women, most of us married and starting families of our own which is crazy to think about!!! I also have to give a shout out to all the husbands that came, they were such troopers to hang out and play pool while us girls remembered sillier, and easier times! 

We didn't get all of our elementary friends there, Meghann, Anna and our other Sarah were missing....maybe next time! ;) 

(left to right)
Sarah Cox-England, Me, Robin Blunk-???, 
Katie Wright-George, and Janielle Gurney-Fernandes 

5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love my elementary friends! And your right they sure were easier times! If we only knew how easy life was back then! But the silly thing is all we could do was imagine how great life would be once we were older:) I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hanging out with old friends. It's so funny we have all these dreams when we are young to do things and be things and boy we thought life was so hard. Then we grow up and wish we were young again. You look so cute and I can't wait to see you at your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you too!! Dang pregnancy has to make sick! I will see you at the shower though. I hope we can all get together again sometime, sooner than later!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so glad that you checked out my blog so know i know yours! you are so cute and tiny as a pregnant lady! how fun that you girls all got together, i havent seen any of them for so long. Good luck with your baby girl, you will have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! I just read this posting! How sweet of you! I didn't realize how hard you had tried to get in contact with me. That makes me feel so special. I'm so glad we got back in contact! You were my very best friend for soooo long!

    ReplyDelete