Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blessing Dilemma...

Ok, so here it is. I am a very private person - I am not one for big parties or celebrations in my honor, nor do I like being the host for any such party. It stresses me out and I (believe it or not) am quite shy so the attention on me or in my immediate direction is overwhelming. This is why I wanted to elope and not have a huge wedding - but Bert insisted and got his way. 

Back to the subject at hand. Now the dilemma of Aurora's baby blessing is upon me and fast approaching - much like swimming suit season which is a topic for a later post - if I could have my way I would not make a big whoop-de-do about the whole thing but I was informed by Bert it is a big thing (am I having a Deja Vu moment?), so who do I invite? How far do you go down the family tree and "friend tree"...do I invite friends and friends families I grew up with? 

AHHHH any suggestions would be most helpful before I just bag the whole thing!! And I've only got 3 weeks until my original "blessing date" I picked out.

5 comments:

  1. It really doesn't need to be a big thing at all! The only reason ours was so big was because I have a HUGE family! I only invited my immediate family like aunts and uncles and Brock's and then our immediate friends. But its totally up to you! I will help you with whatever you need!! Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin you are so funny. You just invite people you want there. It is not a hugh deal. I invited my family and a few friends and same with Jons side. It is not a hugh to do. Just invite who makes you confortable. You have great sister in laws by the way. I wish I had nice ones like you guys all do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually did it at my in-laws house and the bishop came there. Then we just invited immediate family (which is actually alot, Zach comes from 7 kids and me 6) but it was very relaxed and intimate. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I gave you my long winded opinion last night. I love you and you should do it the way that will be the best memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blessing is for you, Bert and Aurora. We have spoke about this and whether it is at home or church or at the beach, the right people will be watching and listening and for me that is what matters. You may want to think about one other part, the food / treats after words and the work involed in that part also. You know my feelings and I will love you no matter what, think about what is best for you and aurora. You are her mommy and mommy knows best :)

    ReplyDelete