Friday, May 8, 2009

My first month


My first month as a new mommy - what a crazy emotional wonderful month! It has been full of ups and downs and loads of learning. I love this little girl more than I could have ever thought I could love anyone. She makes me feel so much more complete and I know there are more babies waiting to come join our family to make it ALL complete. She makes me smile when I look at her and she makes me smile when I see how happy she makes Bert. I love him more than I ever have because he gave me her. 
I love that she will have both of us all the time, something Bert and I both lacked in our childhoods and strive to give our children. 
I love that we are a family - forever 

In my first month as a mom I've come to realize that life is short and it goes by so fast and even faster with kids...
...Aurora was worth every heartache and years of tears to get her here...
...I really love being a mom - even with all the worries that come with it...
...Bert is my rock and I could not do half of what I do without him...
...babies are true miracles in the spiritual sense and the medical sense...
...life is rough and hard, but in between all those trials and hard times are the times to cherish closest to your heart...
...family is EVERYTHING to me, they are my best friends!!

2 comments:

  1. Erin your amazing! And your such a great mommy! I love that little bum on the last pic... So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are adorable! Motherhood is amazing and it just keeps getting better and better! I am so glad you were finally able to receive such a miracle and hopefully the next time around won't be as long and difficult.

    ReplyDelete