Well it has been quite some time since my last real update, so here it goes...
~ Thanks to my BFF Meghann, Bert and I got to go to George Strait and OH MY GOSH! That was so much fun! He is amazing live - amazing! Thanks so much Meg, I owe you!!!
~ Bert and I celebrated our 5th year married...wow! We spent it up at Silver Lake with the baby for a quick picnic, it was a little chilly up there first thing in the morning and then went to *gasp* a MOVIE! It was so nice to have just a couple hours to ourselves!
~Aurora had her first ever visit with Grandpa Steve. He decided it would be a good weekend to come into town and see the little one before she was DRIVING. It was so nice to get together with him and Aurora's Great Grandma Katie for some YUMMMMY food and good times. And Grandpa even did his "Grandfatherly duties" when it was feeding time. Though, when diaper changing time came, he passed that one off to Cousin Abby! haha...paybacks Abby, paybacks!
~ And last but certainly not least ~
AURORA GOT HER HELMET!
It was approved 100% by Medicaid and it was put on August 20th. It really is quite amazing how much it has already helped in just 2 short weeks. She has to wear it 23 hours a day. Bath time is so fun because she already LOVES baths, but she loves them more now because her helmet comes off. She could be DEAD tired and as soon as that helmet comes off she is wide awake smiling and giggling. Its the best part of my day by far! Here are a lot of pictures of the whole thing...
This is basically what her head looks like (minus the "dent") and how the helmet will fix her head...it just fills in the empty space in the "perfectly shaped" helmet...
Aurora's head NOW and what it WILL be...
Here is the foam mold of her head, they made the shape of her head how it is now and where it needs to be filled in (white parts). She's got a lot of fixin to do!
and finally, what we've all been waiting for - may I present -
Miss Aurora! (aka Helmet Head)
Looks like you have ahd a good summer! I swear she is the cutes baby with a helmet I have ever seen! I stole a picture off FB of her with the flower on her helmet! I put it in my picture collection on my computer and whenever it comes up I just smile. She is so sweet! I am jealous you got to go to George Strait! I love him!
ReplyDelete