We celebrated our first Thanksgiving and Christmas as a family. It was so fun, and good to be home for both holidays. Though - I missed Thanksgiving at my apartment in Las Vegas. My mom and sister came out both years and I really loved having it all be on me. Christmas was nice. Quiet. Memorable. We had the house to ourselves while The Johnson's were up in Park City so we got to have a little of our own family time. It was slim this year, as I'm sure it was for most. But Aurora got what she needed (for now) and Bert got new work clothes which he was in dire need of. The rest of our money was put into savings to save for the various and seemingly endless list of items we need.
Aurora turned 9 months on the 6th of January and did 4 forward crawls the day before her big day. She took a few days off to recover and then by the 9th she was cruising all over! This is honestly my favorite stage of her life so far. I love seeing the excitement in her face when she sees something she wants across the room and can get to it on her own. She is pulling herself up to EVERYTHING and everyone. Though on the other side of the coin, I miss my baby. She rarely cuddles anymore unless she is beyond exhausted, she's just too busy. She is learning to love her doggie so much now. I love that Brick loves her so much and seems to keep a watchful eye on his friend too. I couldn't ask for a better dog.
School is back in session for Bert. Taking on another full load of classes. He is gone M-F from 6 am-9 am and then is quickly off to work on close shifts until 9 pm. He will be becoming a permanent TMobile employee in just a few weeks. (It's not official and actually as I'm typing this he is having his "review" to find out if he will be transferred, stay there, or be let go - I am hoping he gets to stay at the store he is at, right now it's the most convenient with only having one car and having home and school within miles of it) We are very confident he will stay, with certain things his manager has emplyed to him over the last few weeks. I am so grateful he landed this job. He loves it, I can see the excitement he feels working and doing something he really enjoys. The best part of him becoming a "real" employee - Health Benefits!!! Luckily Aurora has been covered, but Bert and I have been uninsured since June, which was scary especially when Swine Flu was running rampid.
As for me - hmmm...lots of baby time. A little work. Started a few sewing projects. Planning a baby shower....and the gym! I am running in the Ogden Marathon Relay in May and also running the Spanish Fork half marathon in September. I am training my little butt off and I love it! It is SO hard, but I am determined. After doing natural childbirth, yes my friends, ALLLL NATURAL - I want to see what else this little body I have been given is capable of.
I have a goal of keeping up on my blogging, so until next time...CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment