Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ew....white stuff!



Utah again...yes we made yet another trip, trek, vaca, up to the 8-0-1 and while Bert was only in that area code for a few hours before he left to head to Idaho with 'the brothers' to go "hunt-in" for a few days, I was there for a bit longer. While the snow was a welcome sight to the hunters in Idaho, I really didn't appreciate it in Utah...not one bit!

First - I forgot my coats that I rarely get to use here in Vegas so it was my mission the entire trip to find me a coat in SLC that I liked but that wasn't too expensive because it would probably get stuffed away in a closet for the remainder of it's existence in Las Vegas.

Then it happened - the snow came. How quickly I remember how much I dread...no I think the correct adjective is HATE the snow. I was at Meghann's for a night of Nascar and ugh...BASEBALL (yay for Tampa Bay Devil Rays kicked some Boston butt!) - for those that don't know, I detest Baseball, but suffered through it to visit with Meg and torment Zac who is a Red Socks freak - anyway, back on track...after all the excitement was over and 2 bowls of delicious - meat and kidney bean free - taco soup (not 4 like Scott says!) it was time to head out...only to discover my car was covered in WHITE STUFF! Oh it was awful! Worst sight I've seen in a long time. I remember gasping as I saw my cute little car covered, no..drowning in this horrible stuff that wouldn't stop falling from the sky! I warmed up the car and CJ (David's little bro) offered to scrape off my back windshield with his bare hands...he's a silly kid!

The next day wasn't bad, it was warm enough to melt away and the beautiful blue sky was out and the air was crisp and clean! I went to lunch with my favorite girls at Salsa Leedo's (YUM!) and then headed to my mom's again until it was time for dinner - that's when it all started again - yup, the snow! HUGE UGLY flakes of snow covering my car once again. But by the time I got to my destination it wasn't snowing anymore...so I could breathe easy.

The remainder of the trip was good. Shopping, lunches, watching my nieces at dance, birthday parties for my sister and friend, a little bit of work, and lots of rest time!! And although 'the brothers' didn't get a deer this year (cross our fingers for Brock next weekend) it was a good trip for them to bond and have Brother Time. I miss Utah...but boy was I happy to come back home. Of course as soon as I left, the weather warmed up and there was no snow in the forecast for the next week....think it's Utah's way of saying "STAY AWAY!" ...fine with me! I'll gladly come back to 80 degree weather!!!










1 comment:

  1. Oh come on...the snow wasn't that bad!!! That was nothing! I'm so glad you came over and enjoyed my meat and kidney bean free taco soup! Hehe...xoxo

    ReplyDelete