Sunday, October 5, 2008

A little creepy at 12 weeks...



Here's the baby at 12 weeks. Though the ultrasound pics didn't turn out as cute as in real life, they almost look a little creepy, it was amazing to finally see something that resembled a human.

We loved watching it for a good 20 minutes jumping all around while the ultrasound tech tried to get the right angle to measure the nuchal translucency on the baby. (Ultrasound test for Down's Syndrome). And Bert was so excited to hear a heart beating, making sure it was within normal range. Afterwords I asked him what he thought when he heard it, and he just looked at me and said "it was pretty amazing"

My next appt is on the 30th of October, and no, I won't be finding out what it is at that appt, but the one after it, most likely, so it's looking like we will know just in time for Thanksgiving!

Though I just quickly have to tell a story. Bert and I went over to Jana and Gabe's house for dinner and games the other night and Kenidee (their 4 yr old daughter, who is too cute for words and who's personality even more indescribable! SHE'S HILARIOUS) - anyway - she was sitting on my lap, touching my tummy saying that she didn't think the baby was in there anymore (because I'm not showing) and that she couldn't feel it kicking. So I told her that it was only the size of a peach and it's too small to feel it kicking right now. I told her we would know if it was a boy or girl at Thanksgiving and she loudly proclaimed "I know what it is! It's a girl, now what's her name?" Way too cute...so Kenidee's guess is a girl...anyone else care to take a guess???




2 comments:

  1. well, well, well little ones do have a connection with angles....
    huh.. a girl..... I think I will go with that :)

    ReplyDelete