Monday, October 3, 2011

Homemade Granola

REALLY?! My first post is REALLY going to be about food!? How appropriate! I LOVE FOOD! OM NOM NOM! I love healthy food, and I love sharing my recipes with ya'll! So I hope you enjoy.


A special request made by my cute sister-in-law was for a Granola recipe. I had one I have made before, but the other sunday my mother-in-law had bought a granola and I took bits from that granola and made my own. Here she blows!SO easy and SO yumm-o!


WHAT YOU NEED:
2 1/2 cups Wholegrain Rolled Oats
3 tbsp Flax Seed
3 tbsp Sesame Seed
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Almonds, Whole
2 tsp Cinnamon Ground
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup Oil, Canola
2 tbsp Clover Honey
1 tbsp Agave Nectar Light
1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Maple Extract


WHAT YOU DO:


Mix agave, oil, honey, maple extract and vanilla extract together in a small bowl and set aside. Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add the oil mixture to the granola and mix well. Preheat oven to 350 F. On a rimmed baking tray lined with foil, spread the granola mixture out and bake for 20-ish minutes stirring every 10 min.


FOR THOSE THAT CARE:


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount per Serving
Calories 206
Calories from Fat 87.2
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9.69g
14%
Saturated Fat 0.24g
1%
Cholesterol 0mg
0%
Sodium 65.57mg
2%
Total Carbohydrate 24.49g
8%
Dietary Fiber 4.26g
17%
Sugars 4.75g
 
Protein 4.6g
9%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat
41%
Carbs
47%
Protein
8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.


A FEW TIPS:

**I bought my nuts and seeds at Winco Foods because you can buy them in bulk saving you LOADS of money! WHOOT!


** Don't overcook! When it comes out it should still seem a little undercooked. As it cools it will harden and clump up a bit. Store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment