It's happened. I've committed 100% again to my fitness. I can remember feeling this way after Aurora was born, though she was about 8 months old. I remember having an overwhelming feeling to sign up for a race, and I did. I hadn't ran in years, but I committed myself to it, and I did it! That was the start of my health kick!
Then I got pregnant with Audrey, I stayed committed and ran like a maniac my whole pregnancy. After she was born I took 2 weeks off and started slowly back into my running, but haven't had the motivation to tune in my eating habits and haven't fully committed to ME again. Part of my awful postpartum, perhaps? Then the other day, nothing different, nothing new, just another day at home with my two girls - and it happened. Except totally different. I stumbled across a fitness regime that sounded interesting. I looked more into it and it seemed just right for me. Nothing that I don't already know - nothing that I haven't already tried, but for some reason - that day - it hit me - - and I committed!
So here I am. On day 4 of a 12 week 'program', though I like to think of it as my new lifestyle. I know I'll slip up, I know I'll cheat, but don't we all? It's how fast you get back up that matters. I'm feeling amazing. Tracking every single ounce of food that touches my lips (thank goodness for Livestrong for making it easy on me)! I am lifting like I'm superwoman - building lean sexy muscle - doing each rep till failure and doing those ugly faces in the mirror I'm hoping no one sees! The 'program' says no cardio for the first phase (4 weeks) but I know I can't do that...I'm sneaking in a couple runs a week! You can't stop me - I dare you to try! ;)
{{Stay Tuned for "Before" and "After Phase 1" Pictures!}}
No comments:
Post a Comment