Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To You

It was Bert's birthday on Wednesday and he's just about to 30!! We didn't do much, went out for Sushi (which was a treat for both of us, even though he got to eat all the 'good' rolls and I stuck with Tempura and Veggie rolls) and rented some movies at home. It was a nice relaxing Birthday. We had ice cream (as usual) and before digging in I decided even though it was just us two I better sing Happy Birthday to him. He protested, but I insisted as I gathered a candle and stuck it in his Ice Cream and quickly sang to him. So...we have no pictures of him on his birthday, so I thought I'd do a little montage of us over the past 10 years!



We started out as young crazy kids and have ended up as older crazy adults! Ha ha! I love him with all my heart. He is my rock through all these rough times. We have been through so much together and I can't imagine going through it all without him. I am so blessed to have married the first person I fell in love with so many years ago and I honestly feel we are soul mates. We met by chance and through short and long periods of separation we have always come back to each other.


He pushes me to be a better me and I hope I do the same for him. When I feel down, he forces me to look at the situation from a much happier point of view and doesn't let me sulk in my misery. When he feels down, I...well, I'm just a nerd at heart and do anything silly to make him laugh!

He is my best friend. He loves me unconditionally and I love him just the same. We are equals.
I am so blessed....

3 comments:

  1. Awww you little mush! Cute! Glad you two are so happy, it is happy tro see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture you have posted! I can't believe how much you two have changed in what is it? 7 years since you've known eachother? So fun! I hope B had a happy b-day!

    Aren't you so proud of Reba's blog? Look what you've started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha good thing I didnt actually read what you wrote. 10 years, got it! haha!

    ReplyDelete