GIRL! Yes, it's true. We are having a girl. I'm still kinda not believing it, it seems too lucky!
Here's the long story...
I went in for my 16 week appt, just a check up so there wasn't supposed to be an ultrasound but I asked my doc if he could just quickly look to see if he could tell. The cord was between the legs so he said he didn't wanna say, but that he would probably lean more toward boy than girl. I was NOT satisfied with that answer and if you know me at all, you know I cannot wait for surprises so I went against B's advice and scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound for the next morning. B had no idea I was going. I went and was FULLY prepared to hear "BOY", but the tech surprised me and took a lot of time making sure before saying the word "GIRL!" She was a stubborn little thing, if you can imagine that, and would NOT uncross her legs and at one point she even covered herself up with her little hands! Too cute! But we moved her around and the tech showed me several different views in 2D AND 3D that made me confident in her statement "It's a girl!"
I was in tears! (the good kind) I didn't want to say anything until I knew, but I was secretly wanting a girl SO badly. B felt the same way. She will be such a daddy's girl and we both cannot wait for her arrival! This is the first girl on the Payton side!!
I am still anxious for my next appt (the BIG ultrasound) on the 25th to see what my doc says now. (I'm not telling him I already know!)


Oh gosh! I am so excited for you! I am so happy to know that Payton's can produce girls!!! It sure does give me hope!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I'm so happy for you and Burt!!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWell duh, of course its a girl. First I told you it was. Second WE have strong genetics. She WILL be cute and spoiled! Love you guys and congrats....p.s. I have already been shooping!
ReplyDeleteI have to say I AM SO EXCITED!!! Girls are so fun to dress your gonna LOVe it!! I am so so so happy for you guys yay!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I believe it!! We are going to have little best friend cousins! YEAH!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you both! :)
A girl!? YAY! That is so great! Congrats to you both!!
ReplyDelete